NVivo 12 PRO/PLUS
WHAT IS NVIVO?
NVivo is a software program used for qualitative and mixed-methods research. Specifically, it is used for the analysis of unstructured text, audio, video, and image data, including (but not limited to) interviews, focus groups, surveys, social media, and journal articles. It is produced by QSR International. As of July 2014, it is available for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
WHY USE NVIVO?
- Analyze and organize unstructured text, audio, video, or image data.
- Playback ability for audio and video files, so that interviews can be transcribed in NVivo.
- Ability to capture social media data from Facebook and Twitter using the NCapture browser plug-in.
- Import notes and captures from Evernote – great for field research.
- Import citations from EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, or other bibliographic management software – great for literature reviews.
- Perform simple text analysis queries (such as text search or word frequencies) for text data in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
WHAT FILE TYPES ARE ASSOCIATED WITH NVIVO?
- *.nvp – An NVivo for Windows project file.
- *.nvpx – An NVivo for Mac project file.
WHAT VERSION OF NVIVO DOES KENT STATE CURRENTLY USE?
As of Fall 2021, Kent State has Windows and Mac licenses for NVivo R1 (the latest version) and NVivo 12.
If you are not sure which version you should use, our general recommendations are:
- Use NVivo R1 if you are:
- Using NVivo for the first time
- Starting a new project in NVivo
- Collaborating with colleagues who are already using NVivo R1
- Use NVivo 12 if you are:
- Collaborating with colleagues who are using NVivo 12 and cannot upgrade to NVivo R1
- Have an existing NVivo 12 project file that cannot be converted to NVivo R1
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Great and fast services. The software works perfectly. You saved my research project.