NVivo 12 Macbook – Lifetime License – Enjoy
WHAT IS NVIVO?
NVivo 12 is a software program used for qualitative and mixed-methods research. Specifically, it is used for the analysis of unstructured text, audio, video, and image data, including (but not limited to) interviews, focus groups, surveys, social media, and journal articles. It is produced by QSR International. As of July 2014, it is available for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems. for the more information visit QSR and Zensoft.
WHY USE NVIVO?
- Analyze and organize unstructured text, audio, video, or image data.
- Playback ability for audio and video files, so that interviews can be transcribed in this software.
- Ability to capture social media data from Facebook and Twitter using the NCapture browser plug-in.
- Import notes and captures from Evernote – great for field research.
- Import citations from EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, or other bibliographic management software – great for literature reviews.
- Perform simple text analysis queries (such as text search or word frequencies) for text data in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
WHAT FILE TYPES ARE ASSOCIATED WITH this software?
- *.nvp – An NVivo for Windows project file.
- *.nvpx – An NVivo for Mac project file.
WHAT VERSION DOES KENT STATE CURRENTLY USE?
As of Fall 2021, Kent State has Windows and Mac licenses.
If you are not sure which version you should use, our general recommendations are:
- Use special release if you are:
- Using this software for the first time
- Starting a new project.
- Collaborating with colleagues who are already using special release.
- Use version 12 if you are:
- Collaborating with colleagues who are using 12 version and cannot upgrade to special release.
- Have an existing nvivo project file that cannot be converted.